Our interdisciplinary and enthusiastic team is rapidly growing!
Consider joining us if you want to perform frontier science in sustainable energy technologies, electrochemical engineering, and materials science. For your application to be fully considered, please comply with the following guidelines. The following positions are currently available:
We are looking for a hands-on, creative, and enthusiastic research engineer/technician to join the team.
- Research engineer position: As a research engineer/technician, you will perform scientific research for various projects, either in collaboration with industry or in support to PhD students and postdocs. You take an active role in designing and building sophisticated equipment to perform complex measurements. Examples include building a fuel cell system for laboratory test, an electrolyzer system for the reduction of carbon dioxide, and electrochemical setups that are compatible with imaging diagnostics. You perform testing of materials in industrially-relevant operating conditions. You have affinity with automatization, electronics, and mechanical design (piping, prototyping, gas conditioning, etc.). In collaboration with other team members, you are responsible for the organization and maintenance of the laboratories and safety.Apply here
We are recruiting enthusiastic and creative PhD students to join our lab. Background in materials science, chemical engineering, chemistry, electrochemistry, physics or related disciplines is required. Applications to PhD positions should include a cover letter indicating your motivation for the specific position(s), your BSc and MSc grades, and an updated CV. Applications should be submit through the official TU/e system (links below). The following positions are available:
- PhD student position 1: Understanding and tackling materials durability challenges in next-generation polymer electrolyte fuel cells. Apply here
- PhD student position 2: Synthesis of highly controlled three-dimensional structures for electrochemical reduction of CO2. Apply here
- PhD student position 3: Surface functionalization to control wettability of gas diffusion electrodes for CO2 electrolyzers. Apply here
We are recruiting outstanding postdoctoral researchers to join our lab. The following three positions are available:
- Postdoc position 1: Synthesis of novel porous electrodes for redox flow batteries. Expertise: polymer chemistry and engineering, electrochemical science and engineering, batteries. Apply here
- Postdoc position 2: Advanced cell designs and operando diagnostics for CO2 reduction electrolyzers. Expertise: electrochemical cell design, porous electrodes, multiphase transport phenomena, imaging. The position will open in February 2022, but inquiries are welcome.
- Postdoc position 3: Predictive theoretical design of porous materials for electrochemical systems. Expertise required: mathematical modeling, artificial intelligence, genetic algorithms, electrochemical modeling. The position will open in summer 2022, but inquiries are welcome.
MSc and BSc student
Research projects for students are available in our team. TU/e MSc and BSc students can contact Antoni Forner-Cuenca or any member of team to inquire about master thesis projects. International students are welcome to inquire about potential projects by email. Please send a letter of interests, an up-to-date CV, and your transcripts.